Welcome to My Sanctuary

If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire.
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!


(INVITATION - Shel Silverstein)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Picture Perefect: BEFORE MY TIME

Another photography journal that I contributed for Picture Perfect's weekly competition and was chosen to be on the Top Ten. The theme was BEFORE MY TIME, reflecting things that were exist before we do or events that happened long ago. My entry was about a Civil War Hero's grave.

-----------------------------

Last October when suddenly a snowstorm happened, I was on my way to the library. The snow fell hard and harder, blanketing the ground surrounding me. Across the library was an old cemetery that got my attention. The gravestones stood silent and solemn draped with some snow. One gravestone stood out, with a small flag next to it. I went across to get closer. The stone bares the name of a Civil War hero. He was probably in his late teen or early twenty when he went to war. A young corporal fought against his own brothers. Perhaps he was anxious, I bet he was. Perhaps he was scared and also sad. He wouldn't know there's no victory. He wouldn't know the horror the Civil War carries to the future. We can only hope there'll be no more war here or everywhere. No more that a young man like this soldier goes to war for something senseless. Meanwhile, let's bow and send our prayer and thought to all lost heroes.


  Civil War Hero's Grave

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sang pejuang bertahan sampai Civil War lewat. Entah apa pengaruh perang itu buat dia.

      Delete