Welcome to My Sanctuary

If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire.
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!


(INVITATION - Shel Silverstein)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Picture Perfect: TRANSLUCENT

Picture Perfect is a photography community where I belong for sometime now through my old blog on Multiply. The site will be closed down soon and with sadness I have to move several (make that almost all) of my posts here in my new blog. This is one of the photography journal that was included on the weekly competition held by Picture Perfect and was picked as Honorable Mention with the theme: TRANSLUCENT.

-------------------

     In the corner of our backyard, there's some plants, make that some unwanted plants, that keep on growing even though I've tried pulling them by their roots and cut them also. I actually gave up because they just grow and grow. But then this Spring I've had some surprise when one morning I looked down from a window and saw something purple. It turned out between those unwanted plants, were purple Irises. This was the first time they bloomed apparently. Of course, I was ecstatic. Six purple Irises added the all-green nuance in that corner or our yard. I cut two, put them in a used soda bottle and placed it on our dining table. When the sun shone through the big window in the room, the rays hit the Irises and made them looked  translucent.



Irises in A Bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment