Welcome to My Sanctuary

If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire.
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!


(INVITATION - Shel Silverstein)

Friday, April 12, 2013

Picture Perfect: Yesteryear

While I was standing in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge, I looked at the surrounding. Near and far are old buildings that some people reclaimed to be their masterpieces: the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and the bridge itself. The Brooklyn Bridge is a symbol of determination and strong will. Its first designer had an accident and died afterward. When his son continued his work, he too got another misfortune. Then his wife assisted him and together they brought the idea to connect Manhattan and Brooklyn coming true. The stories of yesteryear always make me interested. The stories about determination, strength, courage and bravery to get through the hard life. Who are we then if we're going to give up easily? If we could only look back to the harder and hardest life in the yesteryear, we realize how very fortunate we have become today. This is my entry for Picture Perfect: YESTERYEAR.

 

"The secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others."


                                                                          - LEWIS CARROLL -


Brooklyn Bridge, NYC

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie. Your photo is wonderful too. I love the sentiment.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful site you have here! I like your view of life. Nice blog!

    Yesteryear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amelie. Too bad I can't view your entry.

      Delete
  3. Di I love the angle ..also your choice of subject ..love the action even though nothing is moving..great symmetry ...just a nicely done shot

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome shot, love the angle

    ReplyDelete